Technology Facilitator, Course Mentoring
Course Mentoring, Technology Facilitator
Western Governors University is seeking a creative, self-driven individual to support course mentoring leadership initiatives in the Mentoring department. This is a full-time, remote position that requires infrequent travel (less than 25%) to WGU office locations. (No relocations offered for this position.)
Reporting to the Course Mentor Performance Coordinator, the Technology Facilitator is responsible for providing leadership, information, and supporting resources to effectively leverage technology in creative ways to foster a dynamic learning environment for all students at the university, especially using video capture technology.
This position is responsible for driving the university’s academic strategy through mentor initiatives, including developing and implementing teaching methods using technology to advance student learning independent of time and place. Further, the position requires that the incumbent integrate these methods across all WGU courses in line with the university’s goals. The position requires an individual who is flexible enough to assume a variety of responsibilities as dictated by the changing needs of students in an online learning environment. The incumbent will take an active role in developing strategies for using technology, including the organization, design, and implementation of tools, followed up with data collection for effectiveness. The incumbent will also provide leadership and training support for faculty on an on-going basis.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead and manage technology-based teaching and operational strategies, integration, and implementation for course mentoring:
- Inform and execute plan to implement technology in content delivery and day-to-day operations of course mentoring.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate technology and course mentor tools with larger academic strategy, such as lecture capture technology, video recordings, telephony, etc.
- Develop and lead faculty training for effective use of technology across course mentoring.
Develop ideas and strategies for implementing high quality content delivery using technology:
- Brainstorm and develop plans for creating high quality content that promotes a dynamic, high touch learning environment. This might include a learning environment that uses a multi-media approach to delivering content, such as videos, podcasts, knowledge base articles, etc.
- Support mentoring department goals by managing quality assurance measures.
- Ability to generate ideas for creating a dynamic learning environment and execute across mentoring.
- Effectiveness of student utilization and initiatives relative to student learning outcomes.
- Ability to communicate for a variety of audiences: Quality of communication skills, accuracy, and demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the university, our messages, and our mentoring goals.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to lead and manage teams
- Ability to work with social media and online tools
Required Education/Certification: Master’s degree. PhD preferred.
Required Knowledge: Expertise in Microsoft Office tools; knowledge and experience with social media tools; lecture capture technology; videos and recordings; Salesforce experience preferred. Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
Experience Required: 4 to 10 years related experience
Skills/Abilities: Outstanding communication and writing ability, ability to use technology creatively, organization and planning skills, and ability to think strategically.
WORK FROM HOME, United States