Learning Community Facilitator
Learning Community Facilitator
Western Governors University is seeking a creative, self-driven individual to support course mentoring leadership initiatives in the Mentoring department. This is a full-time, remote position that requires infrequent travel (less than 25%) to WGU office locations. (No relocations offered for this position.)
Reporting to the Course Mentor Performance Coordinator, the Learning Community Facilitator is responsible for providing leadership, information, and resources to promote a dynamic learning environment for all students at the university. This position is responsible for driving the university’s learning community efforts in the mentoring department, including developing and implementing plans and strategies that integrate the learning community initiatives across all WGU courses in line with the university’s academic strategy. The position requires an individual who is flexible enough to assume a variety of responsibilities as dictated by the changing needs of students in an online learning environment. The incumbent will also take an active role in developing strategies for learning community efforts and will provide training support for faculty on learning community initiatives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead and manage learning community planning, strategy, integration, and implementation for the university:
- Inform and implement WGU’s learning community plan.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate learning community efforts.
- Develop and lead faculty training for effective learning community facilitation.
Develop ideas and strategies for implementing high quality learning community content:
- Brainstorm and develop plans for creating high quality content that promotes a dynamic, high touch learning environment. This might include a learning community that uses a multi-media approach to delivering content, such as videos, podcasts, knowledge base articles, etc.
- Support learning community facilitation by providing quality assurance measures.
- Ability to generate ideas for creating a dynamic learning environment and execute across mentoring.
- Effectiveness of student utilization and initiatives.
- Ability to write for a variety of audiences: Quality of writing, accuracy, and demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the university, our messages, and our mentoring goals.
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to lead and manage teams
- Ability to work with social media and online tools
Required Education/Certification: Master’s degree in English, journalism, communication, new media or related field. PhD preferred.
Required Knowledge: Expertise in Microsoft Office tools; knowledge and experience with social media tools; Salesforce experience preferred. Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
Experience Required: 4 to 10 years related experience
Skills/Abilities: Outstanding communication and writing ability, ability to use technology creatively, organization and planning skills, and ability to think strategically.
WORK FROM HOME, United States