Course Mentoring, Cohort Facilitator
Western Governors University is seeking a creative, self-driven individual to support course mentoring leadership initiatives in the Mentoring department. This is a full-time, remote position that requires infrequent travel (less than 25%) to WGU office locations.(No relocations offered for this position.)
Reporting to the Course Mentor Performance Coordinator, the Cohort Facilitator is responsible for providing leadership, information, and supporting resources to foster a dynamic learning environment for all students at the university. This position is responsible for driving the university’s cohort efforts in the mentoring department, including developing and implementing plans and strategies that integrate the cohort experience across all WGU courses in line with the university’s academic strategy. The position requires an individual who is flexible enough to assume a variety of responsibilities as dictated by the changing needs of students in an online learning environment. The incumbent will take an active role in developing strategies for cohort organization, design, implementation, and data collection. The incumbent will also provide leadership and training support for faculty on cohort initiatives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead and manage cohort planning, strategy, integration, and implementation for the university:
- Inform and implement WGU’s cohort plan.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate cohort efforts.
- Develop and lead faculty training for effective cohort delivery.
Develop ideas and strategies for implementing high quality webinar content for cohort experiences:
- Brainstorm and develop plans for creating high quality content that promotes a dynamic, high touch learning environment. This might include a learning environment that uses a multi-media approach to delivering content, such as videos, podcasts, knowledge base articles, etc.
- Support mentoring department goals by managing quality assurance measures.
- Ability to generate ideas for creating a dynamic learning environment and execute across mentoring.
- Effectiveness of student utilization and initiatives relative to student learning outcomes.
- Ability to communicate for a variety of audiences: Quality of communication skills, accuracy, and demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the university, our messages, and our mentoring goals.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to lead and manage teams
- Ability to work with social media and online tools
Required Education/Certification: Master’s degree in English, journalism, communication, new media or related field. PhD preferred.
Required Knowledge: Expertise in Microsoft Office tools, knowledge and experience with social media tools. Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience..
Experience Required: 4 to 10 years related experience
Skills/Abilities: Outstanding communication and writing ability, ability to use technology creatively, organization and planning skills, and ability to think strategically.
WORK FROM HOME, United States