Product Manager, College of Business
The Product Manager establishes a vision for each Business degree program. S/he designs, develops and maintains curriculum and monitors course and program performance to ensure program quality and student success. The Product Manager is the owner of overall program performance and marketability. The Product Manager keeps up-to-date on performance of assigned courses, assessments, and degree programs for their entire lifecycle. The Product Manager relies heavily on student engagement and performance data as well as student and faculty feedback to measure the effectiveness of courses, learning resources, assessments, and degree programs. The Product Manager uses these data to ensure the overall health and quality of program curriculum. He or she determines development, maintenance, and new development projects for each program. The Product Manager leads a cross-functional team within Program Development and collaborates with college Councils, National Directors, marketing staff, and other university stakeholders to constantly monitor and react to market demand and workforce needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Analyze program data
- Conduct ongoing data-driven program analysis to determine strategic maintenance and development projects for short- and long-term plans.
- Monitor course pass and completion rates for areas of concern and report quarterly to leadership via program scorecard and SWOT.
- Gather recommendations and feedback from councils and national directors.
- Monitor enrollment and graduation rates/trends.
- Gather student and mentor feedback through focus groups, surveys, and other appropriate methods.
Create high-level development plans for projects
- Work with project manager to develop a schedule and assign resources.
- Lead cross-functional development team consisting of project manager, learning resource specialists, editors, assessment specialists, instructional designers, and other key stakeholders.
- Ensure alignment with competencies and program needs, as appropriate.
- Oversee drafting of competencies, degrees plans, and standard paths.
- Assemble working group of professionals in the field (SMEs) to review and approve new program requirements before initiating development work.
- Secure necessary approvals to initiate development projects.
Ensure accreditation compliance, review, and reporting needs are met
- Use program expertise to approve development deliverables.
- Ensure compliance with accreditation standards for new development.
- Schedule and manage ongoing program reviews.
- Work with accreditation team and national director to address any compliance updates, needs, or concerns in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with the registrar to establish program and transfer guidelines and crosswalks.
Lead the way in setting a standard of excellence for WGU courses and degree programs
- Report to program council and collaborate with the council on incorporating professional trends, technology, and other new developments in appropriate professions to keep WGU programs not only relevant but cutting edge.
- Know each and every course and program, its content, supporting faculty, and learning resources.
- Seek new ways to improve programs and close learning gaps.
- Work with WGU’s Learning Resource Specialists to identify and adopt cutting-edge educational technology.
- Work closely with mentoring leadership to close gaps, pilot mentoring strategies, and recommend course maintenance priorities.
1. Program and course performance.
2. Program and course improvements and measurable effects.
3. Quality and timeliness of development and maintenance recommendations.
4. Responsiveness to internal and external development stakeholders.
5. Effectiveness as a leader in Program Development and wider WGU community.
- Understanding of data analysis and application.
- Background in business.
- Knowledge of business market today and where it’s headed.
- Ability to utilize multiple feedback inputs to address student and program needs.
- Creatively approach problems to provide innovative solutions.
- Understanding of Product Management roles and responsibilities and delineation from Project Manager responsibilities.
- Data and/or research analysis
- Program-specific knowledge
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Quick learner on new applications and processes
- Ability to innovate, think “big picture” and bring solutions to the team
- 3+ years curriculum development experience, program management, product management, or related position with required competencies
- Master’s or doctorate degree in area of education
- Background in online learning is a plus
WORK FROM HOME, United States