Contract Subject Matter Expert positions for Business Course Development
WGU is currently accepting applicants from subject matter experts (SMEs) for business course development.
General SME Qualifications for business courses:
- A doctorate degree in the content area or closely related field is preferred. Master’s degree required
- Minimum of five years of experience working directly in a business environment
- Minimum of three, preferably five, years of experience teaching at the college level, preference given to those with experience in online teaching, competency-based education models, online learning resources, or other higher education experience
- Ability to meet deadlines, have flexible use of time, use various online and technology-based platforms, and communicate effectively
- Experience in course/instructional design and previous Subject Matter Expert work a plus, but not required
If you are interested in applying for Business SME positions, please complete a short questionnaire by clicking the link below.
Once you have completed the questionnaire, please email your resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, enter your Last Name, First Name, Business SME
Once the questionnaire is complete, and resume is submitted, please allow up to two weeks for initial response regarding your qualifications, and up to 90 days for development project invitations. The application process is on-going. Once received, your information will be retained in our system for consideration for future projects.