Contract Subject Matter Expert positions for Teachers College Course Development
WGU is currently accepting applicants from subject matter experts (SMEs) in the field of Teacher Education.
General SME Qualifications for Teachers College courses:
- A doctoral-level degree in the content area or a closely related field is preferred. Master’s degree required
For Math courses: Master’s degree in math or math education required
For Science courses: Master’s degree in science or science education required
- Minimum of five years of experience as an elementary or secondary educator in the area of study
- Minimum of five years of experience teaching at the college level, preference given to those with experience in online teaching, competency-based education models, online learning resources, or other higher education experience
- Ability to meet deadlines, have flexible use of time, use various online and technology-based platforms, and communicate effectively
- Experience in course development/instructional design and previous Subject Matter Expert work a plus, but not required
If you are interested in applying for Teachers College SME positions, please complete a short questionnaire by clicking the link below.
Once you have completed the questionnaire, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, enter your Last Name, First Name, TC SME
Once the questionnaire is complete, and resume is submitted, please allow up to two weeks for initial response regarding your qualifications, and up to 90 days for development project invitations. The application process is on-going. Once received, your information will be retained in our system for consideration for future projects.