Questions to Ask About Accreditation
The following short article is written to provide general advice about online education and degrees, not just information specific to WGU. If you have specific questions about WGU, feel free to inquire online or speak with an enrollment counselor (1-866-225-5948).
Legitimate accreditation sets a reputable online university apart from a diploma mill. But how do you know if the online degree program you have chosen is legitimately accredited? Know what questions to ask.
Regarding Licensing and Accreditation
What licenses and accreditations does the school hold? You can cross check accreditations to make sure they come from a reputable agency on the following website:
- Does the State Attorney General’s Office have any records good or bad of the school?
- Does the school have any complaints against it to the local Better Business Bureau? (In the case of online degree programs, check in the area where the school is based.)
Regarding job placement
- What companies have hired graduates from the school in the past seven years?
- What percentage of students in your desired degree program have found employment in the field within the past seven years?
- Will the school provide the name and numbers of recent graduates and/or their places of employment as references?