Earning your RN to MSN Online
The following short article is written to provide general advice about online education and degrees, not just information specific to WGU. If you have specific questions about WGU, feel free to inquire online or speak with an enrollment counselor (1-866-225-5948).
Various options exist for online nursing master’s degrees, depending on your career goals. Whether you decide to earn your RN to MSN online in nursing education or in leadership and management, you can enter a program with certain expectations.
Requirements for Admissions
Most RN to MSN programs require applicants to:
- Hold an associate’s degree in nursing
- Have a current, unencumbered RN license
Benefits of an Online RN to MSN Degree Program
Completing an RN to MSN degree program online permits you to complete bachelor’s degree coursework and earn your MSN. As an MSN, career options in the fields of nursing education and management open up. These positions provide:
- Higher salaries
- Greater job security / options
- An opportunity to impact the future of nursing
- Greater personal status
- Greater flexibility to fulfill a variety of roles in a healthcare facility setting