Are You Ready for the Rewards of a Nursing Career?
The following short article is written to provide general advice about online education and degrees, not just information specific to WGU. If you have specific questions about WGU, feel free to inquire online or speak with an enrollment counselor (1-866-225-5948).
The right nurses can turn a frightening, uncomfortable time a hospital stay into a pleasant, healing experience. Have no doubt nurses work hard, but the rewards make the career worthwhile. You may want to consider getting your online nursing degree if you:
- Excel in science
- Enjoy learning about the miracles of the human body
- Enjoy nurturing and caring for others
- Want to impact people’s lives
- Thrive in a high-energy atmosphere
- Can smile at the end of a long day, knowing you’ve made a difference
You can begin reaping the rewards of a satisfying nursing career by signing up with an online university to get your nursing degree. With a CCNE-certified RN degree from an accredited online university, you can work as an RN in:
- Long-term care centers (nursing homes, rehabilitation centers)
- Patient’s homes
- Doctor’s offices
- Research centers
- Military facilities
Benefits of a Nursing Career
The aging U.S. population creates an increasing demand for nurses. A career in nursing provides:
- Job security
- Flexible hours (work nights, days, part-time, etc.)
- Opportunities for advancement
- Starting salary of around $45,000
Few careers offer such extensive financial and emotional rewards, or the opportunity to make a profound difference in people’s lives every day.