Contract Subject Matter Expert positions for Health Professions/Nursing Course Development
WGU is currently accepting applicants from subject matter experts (SMEs) in nurse education and nurse management.
General SME Qualifications for Health Professions/Nursing courses:
- Preferably, doctoral degree in a nursing field (PhD, DNP, EdD or DHSc preferred) minimum of Master of Science in Nursing
- Minimum of at least five total years of experience in nursing practice (see below for job role specifications)
- Minimum of three years of experience teaching at the college level, preference given to those with experience in online teaching, competency-based education models, online learning resources, or other higher education experience
- Ability to meet deadlines, have flexible use of time, use various online and technology-based platforms, and communicate effectively
- Experience in course development/instructional design and previous Subject Matter Expert work a plus, but not required
Nursing Education Course Development
- Minimum of two years of experience in nursing education
- Seeking nurses with CNE certifications
Nursing Leadership and Management Courses
- Minimum of two years of experience as a nurse manager, executive or documented leadership experience
- Seeking nurses with NEB-BC, NEA-B, CENP or CNML certification
If you are interested in applying for Health Professions/Nursing SME positions, please complete a short questionnaire by clicking the link below.
Once you have completed the questionnaire, please email your resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, enter your Last Name, First Name, HP SME
Once the questionnaire is complete, and resume is submitted, please allow up to two weeks for initial response regarding your qualifications, and up to 90 days for development project invitations. The application process is on-going. Once received, your information will be retained in our system for consideration for future projects.