How to Request Official Academic Transcripts

How to Request Official Transcripts from Previous Institutions

A transcript is the permanent record of academic work undertaken at a college or university. Transcripts are usually maintained by the Office of the University Registrar or Records Department of each school.

You should request an official transcript to be sent to the Transcripts Department from ALL post-secondary institutions previously attended. Official transcripts can be mailed or delivered securely via an electronic transcript exchange from the issuing institution. Please contact your previous college or university to determine their preferred method of requesting transcripts as well as any associated fees.

  • You may be able to request an electronic copy of your official transcript if your previous institution participates in electronic transcript exchange services. Electronic transcripts are sent securely in PDF format and offer the fastest processing time. Please request an official electronic transcript to be sent to:

    Western Governors University, Student Records 03339400

  • You may be able to order an official transcript online from your previous college or university website. You should request that the official transcript be mailed to:

    Western Governors University
    Attn: Transcripts Department
    4001 South 700 East, Suite 700
    Salt Lake City, UT 84107-2533

  • You may also mail your transcript request to the Office of the Registrar of the university or college that you previously attended. Use the Transcript Request Form that is provided in the link below:
    Transcript Request Forms PDF
  • You may also request official copies of transcripts in person at the college or university you previously attended. Please note that official transcripts must remain in their original sealed envelopes in order to be accepted.

If you have any questions or run into unusual delays or problems obtaining official transcripts, speak to your Enrollment Counselor.

Apply Now