Last week, we looked at the 13 biggest stories about WGU in the national media in 2012. But even beyond these big headlines, we were making news in lots of other ways, too.
The news, events, and milestones that matter most to you as students may or may not make the nightly news – but they top your list of 2012’s biggest happenings.
We asked our Facebook fans, Google+ circles, and Twitter followers to rank the top WGU happenings of the year. Each participant rated the significance of the event on a scale of 1–5 and we compiled the results.
Below are the results of our survey. Be sure to add anything we may have missed in the comments! Thanks to everyone who voted, and thanks for a great year!
Here are your top 12 WGU Events of 2012:
12. President Mendenhall Participates in Panel Hosted by The Atlantic—Average score: 3.06 out of 5
11. WGU Indiana Celebrates 2 Years as First of Its Kind —Average score: 3.12 out of 5
10. Winter Commencement Held in Atlanta, First Time Outside Salt Lake City—Average score: 3.23 out of 5
9. Olympian, WGU Student, Future Math Teacher: Chaunte Lowe Goes for the Gold— Average score: 3.65 out of 5
6. WGU Receives 21st Century Best Practices in Distance Learning from USDLA—Average score: 3.86 out of 5
5. WGU Celebrates First 15 Years—Average score: 3.87 out of 5
4. WGU September Enrollment Up 50% Over Last Year—Average score: 3.94 out of 5
3. WGU President Testifies at Senate Hearing on College Affordability—Average score: 4.08 out of 5
2. WGU Number One U.S. Provider of Master’s Degrees for Math Teachers—Average score: 4.18 out of 5
And the No. 1 story of the year?
1. WGU Holds the Line on Tuition for Fifth Straight Year—Average score: 4.6 out of 5
So what do you think? How would you rank these stories? Is your No. 1 something else? And what was your biggest personal victory, milestone, or WGU happening this year? Leave your comments below!