Choose a college
As we prepare to close out 2013 and jump into 2014, we're saying good-bye to yet another banner year at Western Governors University.
What made it such a big year for the online university? We're glad we asked—last week, in fact, we asked WGU's Facebook fans, Google+ circles, and Twitter followers what they thought was the biggest WGU-related news of 2013. Here are the top 13 vote-getters:
13. Summer Commencement and Winter Commencement Celebrate Graduating Classes of More than 4,000 Each
» Average score: 3.15 out of 5
12. WGU Nursing Programs Turn 5, Celebrate More than 6,600 Students since 2008
» Average score: 3.21 out of 5
11. Study Suggests Improved Earning Potential for WGU Graduates
» Average score: 3.38 out of 5
10. USDLA Recognizes WGU for Excellence in Distance Learning
» Average score: 3.46 out of 5
9. WGU Makes Fast Company's 2013 Ranking of World's 50 Most Innovative Companies
» Average score: 3.73 out of 5
7. Two-way tie:
- New State-Based WGUs Launched in Missouri and Tennessee
- Students Give WGU High Marks in National Survey of Student Engagement
» Average score: 3.79 out of 5
6. WGU Applauds Introduction of Legislation that Would Establish a Competency-Based Education Demonstration Program
» Average score: 4.07 out of 5
5. Enrollment Tops 40,000
» Average score: 4.23 out of 5
2. Three-way tie:
- President Obama Recognizes Online Western Governors University for Innovation and Affordability
- Sixth Straight Year with No Tuition Increase
- WGU Graduates Get High Ratings from Employers
» Average score: 4.33 out of 5
And the #1 top story of the year was…
1. WGU Celebrates its 20,000th Graduate
» Average score: 4.36 out of 5
Send me more information about WGUand a $65 application fee waiver code.
By submitting you will receive emails from WGU and can opt-out at any time.
We'll send you the app fee waiver code and otherinformation about getting your degree from WGU.
Have questions about applying?Get application help from an Enrollment Counselor.Complete a request for more info and we'll contact you shortly.
You’re using an unsupported version of your browser..
You’ll still have full access to the site, but some functionality may be lost. For the best wgu.edu experience, upgrade your browser by following the links below.