Click on the subdomain titles to examine the range of skills and concepts a student can expect to demonstrate for assessment of this Domain:
Curriculum Design and Evaluation (Nursing)
- The graduate selects, develops, and aligns curriculum that reflects best practices and appropriate standards.
- The graduate designs interactive learning experiences.
- The graduate designs simulations, develops multimedia presentations, and selects appropriate technology to implement teaching and learning strategies for nursing education programs.
- The graduate selects and designs learning activities in which students can demonstrate application of knowledge and competency in nursing.
Program Development and Improvement
- The graduate recognizes how to select appropriate nursing faculty, determine appropriate jobs for nursing faculty, and retain nursing program faculty.
- The graduate plans a variety of activities to coach, develop, and manage nursing faculty; applies performance appraisal processes to evaluate, motivate, reward, and determine developmental needs of staff; and determines positive disciplinary actions to support nurses' professional growth and to meet organizational goals.