Measurement and Evaluation
Click on the subdomain titles to examine the range of skills and concepts a student can expect to demonstrate for assessment of this Domain:
- Assessment Instruments
- Data Collection
- Design, Implementation and Interpretation of a Formal Evaluation
- Types of Evaluation
- The graduate understands essential information related to assessment validity.
- The graduate constructs reliable test instruments.
- The graduate understands the appropriate uses of different instrument test item types in building assessments.
- The graduate employs appropriate qualitative data collection techniques and tools to collect data.
- The graduate employs appropriate quantitative techniques and tools to collect data.
Design, Implementation and Interpretation of a Formal Evaluation
- The graduate develops a formative or summative evaluation plan.
- The graduate completes an evaluation and reports the results and recommendations.
Types of Evaluation
- The graduate understands the fundamental elements of formative evaluations.
- The graduate understands the fundamental elements of summative evaluations.
- The graduate understands the differences between formative and summative evaluation.