Click on the subdomain titles to examine the range of skills and concepts a student can expect to demonstrate for assessment of this Domain:
- The graduate understands ethics guidelines and is committed to ethical conduct.
- The graduate reflects on instructional practice to enhance instructional effectiveness.
- The graduate develops appropriate plans for professional growth in subject matter knowledge and pedagogy skills, including habits and skills of continuous inquiry and learning.
- The graduate recognizes the importance of collaborating effectively with colleagues, parents, and community professionals to support students' development, learning, and well-being.
- The graduate understands how to train, monitor, and coordinate staff, assistants, and volunteers.
- The graduate describes common community resources that support students’ non-instructional needs in and out of the classroom.
- The graduate presents positive, professional, mature attitudes and behaviors toward learning, teaching, and working with staff, colleagues, and students.
Professional Behaviors and Attitudes
- The graduate exhibits competent teaching performance skills.
- The graduate exhibits a professional appearance.
- The graduate is a professional communicator.
- The graduate exhibits a professional personality.
- The graduate exhibits a professional work ethic.
- The graduate is a reflective practitioner.
- The graduate is a collaborative practitioner.
- The graduate is an ethical practitioner.
- The graduate develops an online professional portfolio.
- The graduate provides credible evidence of successful implementation of a four-week, standards-based instructional unit.