Leading People and Teams
Click on the subdomain titles to examine the range of skills and concepts a student can expect to demonstrate for assessment of this Domain:
- Communicating Effectively in Organizations
- Designing and Leading Teams
- Leading and Managing Individuals
- Solving Problems and Making Decisions
Communicating Effectively in Organizations
- The graduate communicates effectively within an organizational setting.
- The graduate demonstrates best practices to overcome biases that inhibit organizations and teams from communicating effectively.
- The graduate recognizes cultural differences in communication and develops strategies and techniques to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- The graduate analyzes applicable legal and regulatory requirements to determine whether organizations meet legal responsibilities and act with social responsibility.
Designing and Leading Teams
- The graduate selects the appropriate type of team structure for a project and proposes strategies and structures to build team cohesion and effectiveness.
- The graduate analyzes the performance of a virtual team and proposes strategies to improve team effectiveness.
Leading and Managing Individuals
- The graduate applies motivational concepts to enhance organizational performance.
- The graduate uses contemporary approaches and theories of leadership to perform a personal leadership skills analysis and to develop a leadership philosophy.
- The graduate determines how power and influence can be used to achieve organizational objectives.
- The graduate identifies influences on ethical leadership and analyzes the construction of a code of ethics.
- The graduate develops strategies, policies and procedures for effective human resource management within an organization.
- The graduate analyzes the impact of organizational culture, stress and structural design on the effectiveness of the organization.
Solving Problems and Making Decisions
- The graduate describes the organizational change process, and recommends strategies for implementing a change.
- The graduate demonstrates the application of conflict management concepts to improve organizational performance.