Networking Server Administration
Click on the subdomain titles to examine the range of skills and concepts a student can expect to demonstrate for assessment of this Domain:
- The graduate designs and configures a directory infrastructure to meet business needs and technical requirements.
- The graduate designs and implements Domain Name System for directory services for an organization.
- The graduate creates configuration strategies for directory services infrastructures for networks.
- The graduate implements plans for configuring directory services with authentication systems.
- The graduate creates and maintains different directory server objects.
- The graduate creates plans for performance tuning and maintenance; and creates strategies for the backup and recovery of directories , including Microsoft Active Directory, in various environments.
- The graduate identifies and plans strategies for installing and configuring Certificate services on a directory server.
Network Design and Management
- The graduate develops plans for building enterprise network infrastructures and includes appropriate components in these plans.
- The graduate designs plans for implementing network communication protocols and services in a given network.
- The graduate develops implementation plans for domain name resolution that include how to install and configure systems responsible for domain name resolution.
- The graduate designs and implements the logical and physical components of networks.
- The graduate designs plans for network client access and authentication.
- The graduate installs and configures file and print servers.
- The graduate creates strategies for monitoring and tuning the performance of network infrastructures.
- The graduate installs and configures servers in a networked environment.
- The graduate plans strategies for the migration, commission, and decommission of servers.
- The graduate develops long-term strategies for server management in various networks.
- The graduate monitors and maintains servers on various networks.
- The graduate plans for deployment of applications servers in a given network based on customer requirements.
- The graduate plans for business continuity and disaster recovery in the event of network failures and clearly articulates backup and recovery processes.
- The graduate plans for high server availability in network environments.
- The graduate troubleshoots servers and networks in enterprise environments.