Click on the subdomain titles to examine the range of skills and concepts a student can expect to demonstrate for assessment of this Domain:
- The graduate distinguishes between basic database terms and concepts, their usage, and the types of database languages.
- The graduate reviews and selects appropriate database designs, and identifies design solutions that address application needs.
- The graduate applies normalization techniques in database design.
- The graduate follows appropriate database design best practices when creating conceptual, logical, enterprise, and physical database design models.
- The graduate describes appropriate Structured Query Language (SQL) concepts, and applies these concepts in given scenarios.
- The graduate uses relational algebra to perform database operations.
- The graduate recommends appropriate security-related configuration activities on database systems.