Sales Management and Personal Selling
Click on the subdomain titles to examine the range of skills and concepts a student can expect to demonstrate for assessment of this Domain:
- The graduate evaluates industry, organization, product, and customer characteristics to determine, based on analysis, the most effective way to sell products in the marketplace.
- The graduate evaluates and uses appropriate technology tools for selling and Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- The graduate designs and delivers effective sales presentations.
- The graduate analyzes how to assist customers with product, solution, and service selections.
- The graduate effectively distinguishes organizational buying processes from consumer buying processes.
- The graduate develops an effective sales process based on key success factors in selling.
- The graduate maximizes the value of each stage of the selling process.
- The graduate negotiates and closes sales contracts, and outlines plans for contract execution, management, and maintenance.
- The graduate develops account plans; and uses project, priority, and time management techniques to manage personal sales activities.
- The graduate uses common management techniques for time management, monitoring and goal setting to facilitate managing the sales activities of others.
- The graduate formulates staffing plans based on identified needs and selects top candidates for salespeople.
- The graduate formulates, manages, and implements compensation and reward plans for sales staff based on a company’s strategic goals.
- The graduate evaluates sales-force training needs, defines training goals and objectives in view of acknowledged sales strategies, and selects appropriate training solutions.
- The graduate applies motivational techniques and strategies in sales team building, assesses team skills, resolves team conflicts, and coaches the sales team.
- The graduate models ethical leadership, establishes ethical standards, and recognizes and addresses common legal concerns for a sales team.
- The graduate establishes the vision, goals, and objectives for sales teams based on the organizational mission.
- The graduate develops strategies for managing sales accounts, building customer relationships, designing sales territories, managing sales budgets, configuring the salesforce, and building internal and external partnerships.
- The graduate organizes sales efforts to work effectively within organizational structures and utilizes resources effectively in both domestic and global marketplaces.
- The graduate analyzes sales data using various tools and techniques, and accurately forecasts sales.
- The graduate evaluates the sales performance of sales teams using appropriate assessment techniques and methods that include customer feedback, goal setting, and goal attainment.