Healthcare Management 2010
Click on the subdomain titles to examine the range of skills and concepts a student can expect to demonstrate for assessment of this Domain:
- Healthcare Economics and Finance
- Healthcare Environment and Community Health
- Healthcare Operations Management
- Healthcare Values, Policy and Law
Healthcare Economics and Finance
- The graduate evaluates and analyzes a healthcare organization’s management of service lines.
- The graduate manages costs and productivity to improve a healthcare organization’s sustainability.
- The graduate performs net revenue analysis to maximize a healthcare organization’s financial performance.
- The graduate ensures a healthcare organization is in compliance with mandatory regulatory audit guidelines pertaining to the organization.
Healthcare Environment and Community Health
- The graduate designs, administers, and evaluates a community health needs assessment.
- The graduate analyzes international healthcare trends and assesses their impact on local health issues to develop strategies for improvement.
Healthcare Operations Management
- The graduate designs, develops, creates, and communicates a healthcare organization’s marketing strategy to staff and the public.
- The graduate identifies and assesses external and internal resources available to a healthcare organization.
- The graduate effectively manages construction projects and other facilities management projects for a healthcare organization.
- The graduate interprets quality assessments and prioritizes patient care improvement needs.
- The graduate designs quality improvement programs to enhance the level of patient care in a healthcare organization.
- The graduate prepares organizational plans such as disaster plans, contigency plans, or staffing plans.
- The graduate designs, administers, evaluates, and negotiates contracts to minimize the risk and liability for the organization.
- The graduate develops risk management programs that result in improved quality patient care.
- The graduate can effectively interact with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare providers.
Healthcare Values, Policy and Law
- The graduate effectively interprets health policy initiatives.
- The graduate analyzes strategies that impact health legislation.
- The graduate identifies and helps a healthcare organization comply with applicable healthcare statutes and regulations.