Creating and Maintaining Business Value (MBA IT)
Click on the subdomain titles to examine the range of skills and concepts a student can expect to demonstrate for assessment of this Domain:
- Managing Capital and Financial Assets
- Managing Enterprise Risk and Continuity (MBA IT)
- Managing Internal Cost and Controlling Finances
Managing Capital and Financial Assets
- The graduate uses capital budgeting to analyze business opportunities and applies risk mitigation concepts to capital budgeting situations.
- The graduate considers risk and the potential value-added for all stakeholders when balancing risk and return and the tradeoffs between competing financial goals.
- The graduate considers the costs and the advantages and disadvantages of equity financing versus debt alternatives while designing the capital structure that balances risk and reward.
- The graduate demonstrates the use of working capital management and working capital acquisition concepts to balance the related trade-off between profitability and risk.
Managing Enterprise Risk and Continuity (MBA IT)
- The graduate evaluates internal and external risks and recommends risk mitigation strategies and techniques to an organization.
Managing Internal Cost and Controlling Finances
- The graduate analyzes and benchmarks financial statements, evaluates company performance, identifies areas for improvement, and makes recommendations for needed action and methods of operation.
- The graduate utilizes economic cost concepts and activity-based costing (ABC) data to determine and to drive cost-based decisions.
- The graduate uses cost-volume-profit concepts and applies various analytical tools, such as customer profitability analyses, to improve company profit potential.
- The graduate evaluates corporate systems, and recommends measures to provide adequate internal controls.
- The graduate utilizes budgets and a variety of pro-forma statements for planning and control purposes including analyzing cash flows to assure adequacy of funds for capitalizing on business opportunities.