Human Resource Management
Click on the subdomain titles to examine the range of skills and concepts a student can expect to demonstrate for assessment of this Domain:
- The graduate identifies key elements in human resources and organizes the elements into a cohesive human resource strategy.
- The graduate identifies activities, policies, and procedures for balancing the rights of employer and employee in order to support strategic goals, objectives and values of the organization.
- The graduate develops, implements, administers, and evaluates a risk management program that provides a safe and secure working environment and protects the organization from liability.
- The graduate develops a human resource strategy based on organizational goals and objectives, including policy development, change management strategies, and evaluation processes.
- The graduate applies human workforce planning to support an organization’s ability to accomplish its goals.
- The graduate develops a plan for managing an organization’s workforce to include sourcing, recruitment, hiring, orientation, succession planning, retention, and termination.
- The graduate develops and manages an organization’s human resource development (HRD) activities and programs such as training, talent management, performance management and evaluation.
- The graduate develops human resource development (HRD) activities and programs to ensure that the workforce has the knowledge, skills and abilities, and performance outcomes needed to meet present and future organizational needs.
- The graduate develops, selects, implements, administers, and evaluates an organization’s total rewards program.
- The graduate designs an organization’s total rewards program to support strategic goals, objectives, and values.
- The graduate identifies the role of the union in an organization and develops strategies for managing labor relations.
Human Behavior in Organizations
- The graduate understands concepts associated with human resource management.