WGU Future STEM Teachers of America Scholarship
WGU is pleased to offer the Future STEM Teachers of America Scholarship. This scholarship is available to those planning to pursue a teaching license in math or science and each scholarship is valued at up to $5,000.
Eligibility RequirementsTo be eligible for this scholarship, students must:
- Complete an application for admission.
- Submit official transcripts of all prior college work.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Be officially admitted to a WGU Teachers College licensure program in one of the STEM fields.
- Interview with a WGU Scholarship Counselor prior to award decision.
Multiple scholarships will be awarded. However, this is a competitive program and scholarships will be awarded based on a candidate’s academic record, financial need, readiness for online study at WGU, and current competency, plus other considerations.
NOTE: This scholarship is designed for new WGU students only. Students are eligible to apply for these scholarships during the enrollment process and up to 60 days after starting a degree program. WGU employees and their spouses are not eligible to receive this scholarship.
Before monies are distributed, the scholarship recipients must read the WGU Student Handbook and agree to and understand the academic progress, tuition, and refund policies. The student will also be required to agree to the WGU Scholarship Terms and Conditions before monies will be awarded. The student must also meet the university’s On Time Progress requirements to maintain scholarship eligibility. Each student can only be awarded one scholarship that is funded or administered through WGU during their degree program. Recipients must be U.S. citizens.
If you would like to discuss the scholarship program or WGU’s degrees before submitting an application for this scholarship, feel free to speak to an Enrollment Counselor toll-free at 1-866-225-5948.
Scholarship Value: $5,000 maximum
This scholarship will be credited to your account at the rate of $1,000 per six-month term, renewable for up to five terms.
- B.A. Mathematics (5–9 or 5–12)
- B.A. Science (5–9)
- B.A. Science (Chemistry, 5–12)
- B.A. Science (Physics, 5–12)
- B.A. Science (Biological Science, 5–12)
- B.A. Science (Geosciences, 5–12)
- Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Preparation, Mathematics (5–9 or 5–12)
- Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Preparation, Science (5–9 or 5–12)
- M.A. Teaching, Mathematics (5–9 or
- M.A. Teaching, Science (5–9 or 5–12)
Financial Aid is Also Available
You may choose to pay for the remaining portion of your degree through federal financial aid (subject to your eligibility). Pell Grants, which do not have to be repaid, are granted based on financial need. Federal Direct Student Loans are available to all students. Subsidized loans, which are dependent on financial need, reduce the interest due on loans.
Note: Before you can apply for this scholarship, you must first apply for admission.
Scholarship Application Deadline: September 30, 2014