WGU Emerging Leaders in Business Scholarship
In the spirit of encouraging business leadership and providing opportunity for personal and professional growth, WGU is proud to offer the Emerging Leaders in Business Scholarship. These scholarships, valued up to $2,000, are designed for business professionals with substantial college experience who want to further their education with a bachelor’s degree in business.
Eligibility RequirementsTo be eligible for this scholarship, students must:
- Have completed an associate’s degree or at least 40 transferrable college credits (with a grade of C- or better).
- Work as a business professional.
- Complete an application for admission.
- Submit official transcripts of all prior college work.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Be officially admitted to WGU.
- Complete an essay on “My Motivation for Going Back to School.”
- Interview with a WGU Scholarship Counselor.
Multiple scholarships will be awarded.This is a competitive program based on a candidate’s academic record, financial need, readiness for online study, and current competency, plus other considerations.
NOTE:This scholarship program is designed for new WGU students only. Students are eligible to apply for these scholarships during the enrollment process and up to 60 days after starting a degree program. WGU employees and their spouses are not eligible to receive this scholarship.
Before scholarship distribution, the scholarship recipients must read the WGU Student Handbook and agree to adhere to the academic progress, tuition, and refund policies. The student must also meet the university’s On Time Progress requirements to maintain scholarship eligibility. Recipients must be U.S. citizens.
To learn more about the scholarship program or WGU degree programs before submitting an application, contact an Enrollment Counselor toll-free at 1-866-225-5948.
Scholarship Value: $2,000 maximum
This scholarship will be credited to your account at the rate of $500 per six-month term, renewable for up to four terms.
This scholarship can be used in addition to any tuition discounts for which you may be eligible.
Bachelor's Degree Programs:
- B.S. Business Management
- B.S. BusinessHuman Resource Management
- B.S. BusinessInformation Technology Management
- B.S. Sales and Sales Management
- B.S. Marketing Management
- B.S. Accounting
Financial Aid is Also Available
You may choose to pay for the remaining portion of your degree program through federal financial aid.
Federal Pell Grants, which do not have to repaid, are granted based on financial need. Federal unsubsidized student loans are available to most students. Subsidized loans, which are dependent on financial need, reduce the interest due on loans. Click here to learn more about financial aid.
Note: Before you can apply for this scholarship, you must first apply for admission.
Application deadline for current award cycle: July 31, 2014