WGU Lifesaver Transfer Scholarship
Many WGU students and alumni proclaim that finding WGU has truly been a lifesaver. In the spirit of improving access and assisting adults with some college and no degree, WGU is proud to announce the Lifesaver Transfer Scholarship for new students.
To be eligible for this scholarship, students must be able to demonstrate that finding WGU is a lifesaver. Examples might include:
- Individuals who are currently unemployed and require a respected degree to re-enter the workforce. Note: Verification of unemployment may be required; various WGU nursing programs require incoming students to be currently employed as an RN in order to be admitted to the program please check your program’s requirements before you apply for this scholarship.
- Individuals with extenuating financial circumstances.
- Individuals attending a school that is closing.
- Complete an application for admission to WGU.
- Submit official transcripts of all prior college work demonstrating a minimum of 60 college credits earned.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Be officially admitted to WGU.
- Interview with a WGU Scholarship Counselor prior to award decision.
Multiple scholarships will be awarded. However, this is a competitive program and scholarships will be awarded based on a candidate’s academic record, financial need, readiness for online study at WGU, and current competency, plus other considerations.
NOTE: This scholarship is designed for new WGU students only. Students are eligible to apply for these scholarships during the enrollment process and up to 60 days after starting a degree program. WGU employees and their spouses are not eligible to receive this scholarship.
Scholarship Value: $3,000 maximum
This scholarship will be credited to your account at the rate of $750 per six-month term, renewable for up to four terms.
Eligible Bachelor's and Master's Programs
Financial Aid is Also Available
You may choose to pay for the remaining portion of your degree through federal financial aid (subject to your eligibility). Pell Grants, which do not have to be repaid, are granted based on financial need. Federal Direct Student Loans are available to all students. Subsidized loans, which are dependent on financial need, reduce the interest due on loans. Click here to learn more about financial aid.
Before monies are distributed, the scholarship recipients must read the WGU Student Handbook and agree to and understand the academic progress, tuition, and refund policies. The student will also be required to agree to the WGU Scholarship Terms and Conditions before monies will be awarded. The student must also meet the university’s On Time Progress requirements to maintain scholarship eligibility. Each student can only be awarded one scholarship that is funded or administered through WGU during their degree program. Recipients must be U.S. citizens.
Application Deadline: November 30, 2014