WGU Military Service Scholarship
WGU is pleased to offer the Military Service Scholarship. These scholarships, each valued up to $2,000, are designed for military personnel, retired military, veterans, and military spouses who wish to advance their education in business, education, information technology, or healthcare.
To be eligible for this scholarship, students must:
- Have at least three years of military or military community service within the past 10 years. Spouses of active duty military personnel are eligible once they have supported their spouse for a minimum of three years of military service.
- Have a minimum of 40 passing college transfer credits.
- Complete an application for admission to WGU.
- Submit official transcripts of all prior college work.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Be officially admitted to WGU.
- Interview with a WGU Scholarship Counselor prior to award decision.
Multiple scholarships will be awarded. However, this is a competitive program and scholarships will be awarded based on a candidate’s academic record, financial need, readiness for online study at WGU, and current competency, plus other considerations.
NOTE: This scholarship is designed for new WGU students only. Students are eligible to apply for these scholarships during the enrollment process and up to 60 days after starting a degree program. WGU employees and their spouses are not eligible to receive this scholarship.
Financial Aid is Also Available
You may choose to pay for the remaining portion of your degree through federal financial aid (subject to your eligibility). Pell Grants, which do not have to be repaid, are granted based on financial need. Federal Direct Student Loans are available to all students. Subsidized loans, which are dependent on financial need, reduce the interest due on loans. Click here to learn more about financial aid.
Scholarship Value: $2,000 maximum
This scholarship will be credited to your account at the rate of $500 per six-month term, renewable for up to four terms.
Bachelor’s degree programs:
Master’s degree programs:
Before monies are distributed, the scholarship recipients must read the WGU Student Handbook and agree to and understand the academic progress, tuition, and refund policies. The student will also be required to agree to the WGU Scholarship Terms and Conditions before monies will be awarded. The student must also meet the university’s On Time Progress requirements to maintain scholarship eligibility. Each student can only be awarded one scholarship that is funded or administered through WGU during their degree program. Recipients must be U.S. citizens.