WGU Leaders in Nonprofit Scholarship
Western Governors University has partnered with Free For Charity (FFC) to offer two Leaders in Nonprofit Scholarships to professionals working in the nonprofit sector. Founded by a WGU alumnus, FFC seeks to “reduce costs and increase revenues for nonprofits; putting that money back into their charitable mission where it belongs.” FCC knows that the strength of a nonprofit lies in its leadership, and that a master's or undergraduate degree can help the individual and the nonprofit grow and succeed.
Eligibility RequirementsTo be eligible for this scholarship, students must:
- Complete an application for admission.
- Complete a scholarship application.
- Submit official transcripts of all prior college work including record of an associate’s degree.
- Submit proof of employment with a nonprofit organization.
- Be officially admitted to a WGU business or IT degree program.
- Interview with a WGU Scholarship Counselor prior to award decision.
Multiple scholarships will be awarded. However, this is a competitive program and scholarships will be awarded based on a candidate’s academic record, readiness for online study at WGU, and current competency, plus other considerations.
NOTE: This scholarship is designed for new WGU students only. Students are eligible to apply for these scholarships during the enrollment process and up to 60 days after starting a degree program. WGU employees and their spouses are not eligible to receive this scholarship.
Financial Aid is Also Available
You may choose to pay for the remaining portion of your degree through federal financial aid (subject to your eligibility). Pell Grants, which do not have to be repaid, are granted based on financial need. Federal Unsubsidized Student Loans are available to most students. Subsidized loans, which are dependent on financial need, reduce the interest due on loans.
Before monies are distributed, the scholarship recipients must read the WGU Student Handbook and agree to and understand the academic progress, tuition, and refund policies. The student will also be required to sign a WGU Scholarship Agreement before monies will be awarded. The student must also meet the university’s On Time Progress requirements to maintain scholarship eligibility. Recipients must be U.S. citizens.
Scholarship Value: $2,000 maximum
This scholarship will be credited to your account at the rate of $500 per six-month term, renewable for up to four terms.
Tuition for a six-month term for most programs is $2,890, less the $500 per term scholarship.
Eligible ProgramsCollege of Information Technology
- B.S. Information Technology
- B.S. Information TechnologyNetwork Administration
- B.S. Information TechnologySecurity
- B.S. Information TechnologySoftware
- M.S. Information Security and Assurance
- M.S. Information Technology Management
- B.S. Business Management
- B.S. BusinessHuman Resource Management
- B.S. BusinessInformation Technology Management
- B.S. Sales and Sales Management
- B.S. Marketing Management
- B.S. Accounting
- Master of Business Administration
- MBA Information Technology Management
- MBA Healthcare Management
- M.S. Management and Leadership
Note: Before you can apply for this scholarship, you must first apply for admission.