WGU Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
In the same spirit of encouraging scholarship and providing opportunity for personal and professional growth among two-year college students, WGU is proud to offer the Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship Program. These scholarships, each valued up to $2,000, are designed for motivated Phi Theta Kappa members with an associate’s degree who wish to continue their education and earn a bachelor’s degree to take their careers and lives forward.
To be eligible for this scholarship, students must:
- Show proof of completion of an associate’s degree (A.A. or A.S.). Proof must be in the form of an official transcript.
- Be a member of Phi Theta Kappa in good standing.
- Complete an application for admission.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Be officially admitted to WGU.
- Interview with a WGU Scholarship Counselor.
Multiple scholarships will be awarded. This is a competitive program based on a candidate’s academic record, financial need, readiness for online study, and current competency, plus other considerations.
NOTE: This scholarship program is designed for new WGU students only. Students are eligible to apply for these scholarships during the enrollment process and up to 60 days after starting a degree program. WGU employees and their spouses are not eligible to receive this scholarship.
Federal Financial Aid is Also Available
You may choose to pay for the remaining portion of your degree program through federal financial aid.
Federal Pell Grants, which do not have to repaid, are granted based on financial need. Federal Unsubsidized Student Loans are available to most students. Subsidized loans, which are dependent on financial need, reduce the interest due on loans. Click here to learn more about financial aid.
Before scholarship distribution, the scholarship recipients must read the WGU Student Handbook and agree to adhere to the academic progress, tuition, and refund policies. The student must also meet the university’s On Time Progress requirements to maintain scholarship eligibility. Recipients must be U.S. citizens.
Scholarship Value: $2,000 maximum
This scholarship will be credited to your account at the rate of $500 per six-month term, renewable for up to four terms.
Tuition for a six-month term for most programs is $2,890, less the $500 per-term scholarship.
Eligible ProgramsTeachers College
- B.A. Interdisciplinary Studies (K-8)
- B.A. Special Education
- B.A. Mathematics (5-9 or 5-12)
- B.A. Science (5-9)
- B.A. Science (Chemistry, 5-12)
- B.A. Science (Physics, 5-12)
- B.A. Science (Biological Sciences, 5-12)
- B.A. Science (Geosciences, 5-12)
- B.S. Business Management
- B.S. BusinessHuman Resource Management
- B.S. BusinessIT Management
- B.S. Marketing Management
- B.S. Sales and Sales Management
- B.S. Accounting
- B.S. Information Technology
- B.S. Information TechnologyNetwork Administration
- B.S. Information TechnologyNetwork Design and Management
- B.S. Information TechnologySecurity
- B.S. Information TechnologySoftware
- B.S. Software Development
Note: Before you can apply for this scholarship, you must first apply for admission.
Scholarship Application Deadline: June 30, 2014
To learn more about the scholarship program or WGU’s degrees before submitting an application, contact an Enrollment Counselor toll-free at 1-866-225-5948.