Choose a college
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS PROMOTION.
By entering this "Win an iPad or Kindle on Facebook Sweepstakes" promotion (the "Promotion"), entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may, at WGU's discretion, result in disqualification. All decisions of WGU regarding this Promotion are final and binding in all respects.
1. ELIGIBILITY. This sweepstakes is open to residents of the United States except where invalid or prohibited by state law. One entry per person; entrants using more than one Facebook profile to enter the Promotion will be disqualified. WGU employees and independent contractors and their households are not eligible.
2. SPONSORSHIP. The "Win an iPad or Kindle on Facebook Sweepstakes" is sponsored by Western Governors University, 4001 South 700 East, Suite 700, Salt Lake City, Utah 84107.
3. PROMOTION PERIOD. The Promotion begins at 8:00 a.m. MST December 22, 2011 and ends at 5:00 p.m. MST December 31, 2011, ("Promotion Period").
4. PRIZE DESCRIPTION. There will be two (2) winners. The prizes to be awarded are: 1) an Apple 64GB iPad with Wi-Fi & 3G and an approximate retail value is $829; 2) an Amazon Kindle 3G+WiFi with an approximate retail value of $189 and 2) an Mystery Prize with an approximate retail value of $1000. The prizes include the device only; data plans and accessories must be purchased separately. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. No prize substitutions except by WGU, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
5. HOW TO ENTER. To qualify to win you must "Like" the Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/wgu.edu and remain a fan of the page until: 1) the Promotion deadline December 31, 2011; and 2) within the Promotion deadline, the Facebook page reaches 6,000 fans for the Kindle prize, or 8,000 fans for the iPad prize or 10,000 fans for mystery prize.
6. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. Winner selection will be conducted by random drawing from all eligible and qualified entries on or about the time we get the appropriate fans, (the "Drawing Date"). Any potential winner will be notified via Facebook, email and/or telephone. If a potential winner: (i) cannot be contacted; (ii) does not respond within five (5) days from the date WGU first tries to notify him/her; (iii) refuses the prize; and/or (iv) the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Promotion or receive the prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Promotion, such individual will be declared the "winner" of the Promotion.
7. ODDS OF WINNING. Chances of winning the prize are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received, but will not be greater than 1chance in 6,000 for the Kindle prize, 1 chance in 8,000 for the iPad prize and 1 chance in 10,000 for the mystery prize per these Promotion rules.
8. TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner's sole responsibility
9. CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Promotion, each entrant releases and discharges WGU from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, "Claims"). Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of a prize constitutes the consent of any winner, without further notice or compensation, to use the name, likeness and Facebook profile of such winner for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes by WGU; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of WGU of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Promotion and the use, misuse, or possession of any prize; and (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity release. Affidavits and releases must be returned within ten (10) days from the date that WGU first tries to notify the potential winner. If a winner is deemed to be a minor under the jurisdiction of his/her residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who must execute the necessary affidavit and release.
10. DISCLAIMERS. (i) WGU reserves the right in its absolute discretion, without any liability to any contest entrant, to withdraw or modify the contest should any of WGU systems or network or Facebook be adversely affected by any virus or other similar destructive agent during the term of the contest. (ii) WGU disclaims all responsibility or liability for any loss or damage to an entrant's computer system resulting from any information that may be downloaded by an entrant or otherwise acquired from Facebook. (iii) WGU accepts no responsibility and will not be liable for "Like"s that are not received, incomplete, lost, late, misdirected or illegible for whatever reason, including without limitation, due to computer or other system interruption, malfunction or breakdown of any kind or duration. (iv) WGU, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, or the operation of the Facebook site or otherwise attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion. Use of bots, other automated processes, or more than one Facebook profile to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of WGU. (v) WGU further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (vi) WGU is not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Promotion, and may cancel, terminate or modify this Promotion based on such error at its sole discretion without liability. In no event will WGU be responsible for awarding more than the number of prizes specified in these rules. (vii) In the event this Promotion is cancelled or terminated, WGU, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered.
11. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of Utah, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Salt Lake City, Utah. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of Utah and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of Utah. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys' fees) associated with participation in this Promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
Send me more information about WGUand a $65 application fee waiver code.
By submitting you will receive emails from WGU and can opt-out at any time.
We're emailing you the app fee waiver code and otherinformation about getting your degree from WGU.
Have questions about applying?Get application help from an Enrollment Counselor.Complete a request for more info and we'll contact you shortly.
Send me more information about earninga degree from WGU and special offers.
We'll send more information and special offersabout earning your degree from WGU.
Send me a digital catalog and moreinformation about earning a degree from WGU.
We'll send you the digital catalog and more informationabout getting your degree from WGU.
You’re using an unsupported version of your browser..
You’ll still have full access to the site, but some functionality may be lost. For the best wgu.edu experience, upgrade your browser by following the links below.