WGU Video Scholarship Contest
Contest Winners 2010
- 1st Place – Nathan – My Story
7,500 (payable at $1,500 every six-month term enrolled for up to five terms and a $500 cash prize
- 2nd Place – James - Imagine
$3,000 (payable at $1,000 every six-month term enrolled for up to three terms) and a $500 cash prize
- 3rd Place – Alex – Final Sequence
$2,000 (payable at $1,000 every six-month term enrolled for up to two terms) or a $500 cash prize
- 4th Place - Erin - Learn More at WGU
$100 Amazon gift certificate*
- 5th Place - Matt - Watch, Laugh, and Vote for Matt
$100 Amazon gift certificate*
WGU Video Scholarship Contest 2010
Have you seen the WGU "A Smarter Way to Learn” TV ad? Have you thought to yourself, "Wow, I could do a better job than those high-paid ad guys?" Well, here is your chance to show us how it’s done.
Watch our “A Smarter Way to Learn” commercial below, then try your hand at making your own WGU commercial. You can use humor or drama, action, or animation—whatever genre you want to use—let your creative juices flow, and make a 30, or 60-second video “commercial” that illustrates why WGU is “A Smarter Way to Learn”. Make sure you include the contest URL,www.wgu.edu/videocontest, somewhere in your video, so people will know where to vote for your video.
Feel free to make us laugh or tug at our heart strings—the objective is to make a real impression.How to Enter
- Create your own WGU Commercial showing us why WGU is “A Smarter Way to Learn”, including the contest URL (www.wgu.edu/videocontest) at least once in your video entry.
- Click on the “How to Submit Your Video” button above and follow the instructions for sending us your entry.
- After you have received a confirmation email with a link to the location of your video on the WGU website, go out and tell your family and friends to come back and vote for your video on July 16, 2010!
- The last day to enter is July 15, 2010. The general public can vote for any entry from July 16, 2010 to July 25, 2010.
- The top 10 finalists will be posted July 27, 2010 which begins the second round of voting until August 10, 2010. Winners will be announced August 13, 2010.
- Grand Prize: a scholarship to WGU valued up to $7,500 (payable at $1,500 every six-month term enrolled for up to five terms) and a $500 cash prize.
- Second-Place Prize: a scholarship to WGU valued up to $3,000 (payable at $1,000 every six-month term enrolled for up to three terms) and a $500 cash prize.
- Third-Place Prize: a scholarship to WGU valued up to $2,000 (payable at $1,000 every six-month term enrolled for up to two terms) OR a $500 cash prize.
- Two "Runner-Up" prizes include: One $100 Amazon.com gift certificates*.
Winners were be determined by a combination of votes and video quality. See official rules for details.
* Amazon.com is not a sponsor of this promotion. Amazon, Amazon.com, and the Amazon.com logo are registered trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Amazon.com gift certificates are issued by A2Z Gift Certificates, Inc. and are redeemable only at www.amazon.com. See www.amazon.com/gc-legal for terms and conditions of use of Amazon.com gift certificates.