Teacher Licensure State Requirements - Idaho
Become a Teacher in Idaho
If you aspire to become a teacher, Western Governors University can help.
Before becoming a licensed teacher in Idaho, you must meet all of Idaho’s teacher certification requirements, including:
- Graduation from a bachelor’s degree program offered by an accredited college or university.
- Completion of a teacher preparation program that is approved to lead to teacher certification in the home state of the program and includes student teaching.
- Recommendation for certification by the preparing college or university.
- Background clearance resulting from completion of the required background check.
- Passing all of the required Praxis content and pedagogy exams.
Note: Listed requirements are current and are subject to change at any time, even during enrollment.
For the most current information about becoming a licensed teacher in Idaho, please check the
Idaho State Department of Education website: