Teacher Licensure State Requirements - Kansas
Become a Teacher in Kansas
Before becoming a licensed teacher, you must meet all of Kansas's teacher certification requirements (for those who have attended out-of-state teacher prep programs), including:
- Graduation from a bachelor’s degree program offered by a regionally accredited college or university.
- Completion of teacher education program that is approved to lead to teacher certification in the home state of the preparing program.
- Standard teaching license awarded by the department of education of the home state of the teacher education program.
- Cleared background check run through the Kansas State Department of Education at the time of application for certification.
- Recent study/experience, meaning teacher preparation coursework has been completed or teaching experience acquired within the past six years.
- Passing scores on all of the required Praxis II content and pedagogy exams.
Note: Listed requirements are current and are subject to change at any time, even during enrollment.
For the most current information about becoming a teacher in Kansas, please check the Kansas State Department of Education: