Teacher Licensure State Requirements - Massachusetts
Become a Teacher in Massachusetts
If you are passionate about helping others learn, completing an online teacher certification program can help prepare you to become a teacher in Massachusetts. Our online university allows you to complete your teaching education and prepare for your teaching certification.
Before becoming a licensed teacher in Massachusetts, you must meet all of Massachusetts's teacher certification requirements (for those who have attended out-of-state teacher preparation programs), including:
- Graduation from a bachelor’s degree program.
- Completion of a teacher education program that is approved to lead to teacher certification in the home state of the program and recommendation for certification from the approved program.
- Evidence of sound moral character.
- Passing scores on the Communication and Literacy Skills Test.
- Passing scores on the required subject matter knowledge exam for the certification area sought.
Note: Listed requirements are current and are subject to change at any time, even during enrollment.
For the most current information about becoming a licensed teacher in Massachusetts, please check the
Massachusetts Department of Education website:
Massachusetts Department of Education Web site