Teacher Licensure State Requirements - Missouri
Become a Teacher in Missouri
If you are passionate about helping others learn, earning a teaching license is an excellent way to apply your skills. Our online university allows you to complete your teaching degree and prepare for your Missouri teaching certification.
Before becoming a licensed teacher in Missouri, you must meet all of Missouri's teacher certification requirements (for those who have attended out-of-state teacher preparation programs), including:
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Completion of a teacher education program that is approved to lead to teacher certification in the home state of the program, and possession of a teaching certificate from the home state of the program.
- Background clearance resulting from completion of the required background check.
- Passing scores on the Praxis II context exams required by the state in which the teacher preparation program is approved.
Note: Listed requirements are current and are subject to change at any time, even during enrollment.
For the most current information about becoming a licensed teacher in Missouri, please check the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education website:
Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Web site
(573) 751-0051 or (573) 751-3847