Teacher Licensure State Requirements - Nebraska
Become a Teacher in Nebraska
If you are passionate about helping others learn, enrolling in an online teacher certification program at WGU is an excellent way to apply your skills. Our online university allows you to complete your teaching degree and hone your expertise.
Before becoming a licensed teacher in Nebraska, you must meet all of Nebraska’s teacher certification requirements, including:
- Graduation from a bachelor’s degree program.
- Completion of a teacher education program that is approved to lead to teacher certification in the home state of the program, and recommendation for certification from the approved program.
- Background clearance resulting from completion of the required background check.
- Fulfillment of both the special education and the human relations training requirements. WGU’s coursework, while not pre-approved by the NE Department of Education, covers these requirements. WGU graduates will need to submit as part of their licensure application packet the course syllabi and a letter of explanation from the Teachers College Certification Officer as verification of completion of the required training.
- Passing scores on the Praxis I Pre-Professional Skills Test.
- Meet the recency of education requirement by applying for certification within five years of completing your teacher preparation program.
Note: Listed requirements are current and are subject to change at any time, even during enrollment.
For the most current information about becoming a licensed teacher in Nebraska, please check the
Nebraska Department of Education website:
Nebraska Department of Education Web site