Teacher Licensure State Requirements - Nevada
Become a Teacher in Nevada
If you aspire to become a teacher, Western Governors University can help. Our online teaching certification programs will prepare you to effectively educate others.
Before becoming a licensed teacher in Nevada, you must meet all of Nevada’s teacher certification requirements, including:
- Graduation from a bachelor’s degree program at an accredited college or university.
- Completion of a teacher education program that is approved to lead to teacher certification in the home state of the program.
- Background clearance resulting from completion of the required background check.
- Passing scores on the state-mandated testing in Nevada School Law, the Nevada Constitution, and the U.S. Constitution. (WGU coursework does NOT cover these requirements)
- Passing scores on the Praxis I Pre-Professional Skills Test.
- Passing scores on all of the required Praxis II content and pedagogy exams.
Note: Listed requirements are current and are subject to change at any time, even during enrollment.
For the most current information about becoming a teacher in Nevada, please check the
Nevada Department of Education website:
Nevada Department of Education Web site
Southern office phone: (702) 486-6455; Northern office phone: (775) 687-9115