Teacher Licensure State Requirements - North Carolina
Become a Teacher in North Carolina
If you are passionate about helping others learn, becoming a teacher in North Carolina is an excellent way to apply your skills. Our online university allows you to complete your teaching degree and prepare for your teaching certification.
Before becoming a licensed teacher in North Carolina, you must meet all of North Carolina’s teacher certification requirements, including:
- Graduation from a bachelor’s degree program.
- Completion of a teacher preparation program that is offered by a regionally accredited institution and is approved to lead to teacher certification in the home state of the program.
- Recommendation for certification from the approved program provider.
- Passing scores on the Praxis I Pre-Professional Skills Test.
- Passing scores on all of the required Praxis II content and pedagogy exams.
Note: Listed requirements are current and are subject to change at any time, even during enrollment.
For the most current information about becoming a licensed teacher in North Carolina, please check the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction website:
North Carolina Department of Public Instruction Web site