Teacher Licensure State Requirements - Oregon
Become a Teacher in Oregon
If you are passionate about helping others learn, teaching in Oregon is an excellent way to apply your skills. Our online university allows you to complete your teaching program and can help prepare you for your teaching certification.
Before becoming a licensed teacher in Oregon, you must meet all of Oregon’s teacher certification requirements, including:
- Graduation from a bachelor’s degree or higher program from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Completion of a state-approved teacher education program, and recommendation for certification by the approved program.
- Passing scores on one of the accepted basic skills exams.
- Passing scores on the required subject matter examinations and on the ORELA Civil Rights and Equity in the Educational Environment Examination.
- Fingerprint clearance resulting from completing the required background check.
Note: Listed requirements are current and are subject to change at any time, even during enrollment.
For the most current information about becoming a teacher in Oregon, please check the
Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission website:
Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission Web site