Teacher Licensure State Requirements - Vermont
Become a Teacher in Vermont
Are you looking to make a difference? Completing an online teacher certification program may help you meet the requirements to become a teacher in Vermont.
Before becoming a licensed teacher in Vermont, you must meet all of Vermont’s teacher certification requirements, including:
- Graduation from a bachelor’s degree or higher program from a regionally accredited or state-approved college or university and a major, or its equivalent, in the liberal arts and sciences, or in the content area of the endorsement sought.
- Completion of a teacher education program that includes student teaching and is approved to lead to teacher certification in the home state of the program.
- Recommendation for certification by the teacher certification program.
- Background clearance resulting from completion of the required background check.
- Passing scores on the required basic skills exam.
- Passing scores on the required subject matter exams.
Note: Listed requirements are current and are subject to change at any time, even during enrollment.
For the most current information about becoming a teacher in Vermont, please check the
Vermont Department of Education website:
Vermont Department of Education Web site