Teacher Licensure State Requirements - Virgin Islands
Become a Teacher in Virgin Islands
Before becoming a licensed teacher, you must meet all of the Virgin Islands’ teacher certification requirements, including:
- Graduation from a bachelor’s degree program from an accredited college or university.
- Completion of a state-approved/accredited teacher education program. Those who completed an out-of-state program must also submit their out-of-state teaching certificate.
- Submission of cleared background checks from every location in which the applicant resided for more than one year.
- Passing scores on the required basic skills exam.
- Passing scores on the required subject matter exams.
Note: Listed requirements are current and are subject to change at any time, even during enrollment.
For the most current information about becoming a teacher in the Virgin Islands, please check the
Virgin Islands Department of Education website:
Virgin Islands Department of Education Web site