Teacher Licensure State Requirements - Wyoming
Become a Teacher in Wyoming
If you are passionate about helping others learn, earning your teaching certification is an excellent way to apply your skills. Our online university allows you to complete your teaching degree and prepare for your teaching certification.
Before becoming a licensed teacher in Wyoming, you must meet all of Wyoming’s teacher certification requirements, including:
- Graduation from a bachelor’s degree program offered by an accredited college or university.
- Completion of a regionally or nationally accredited teacher preparation program that is approved in its home state to lead to teacher certification.
- Recommendation for certification from the preparing college/university.
- Fingerprint clearance resulting from completion of the required background check.
- Passing scores on the Praxis exams that are required for certification in the home state of the teacher preparation program.
- Demonstration of knowledge of the US and WY Constitution requirements, either through coursework or by passing the designated exams administered by the WY Professional Teaching Standards Board. WGU coursework covers the US Constitution requirement, but does NOT cover the WY Constitution requirement.
Note: Listed requirements are current and are subject to change at any time, even during enrollment.
For the most current information about becoming a teacher in Wyoming, please check the
Wyoming Professional Teaching Standards Board website:
Wyoming Professional Teaching Standards Board Web site