Careers at WGU
Diversity at WGU.
WGU is committed to promoting inclusion, respect for differences, equal opportunity, and diversity in our institution. We believe in the power of education and the value of expanding access and opportunity to all individuals. Our goal is to create an environment where students, faculty, and staff all feel comfortable and safe to be their best selves while having opportunities for educational development.
Equity has been in WGU’s DNA since the beginning, and we are passionate about the recruitment and retention of diversity in students and employees. In fact, the concept of equity was written into WGU’s original mission statement: “to improve quality and expand access to post-secondary educational opportunities by providing a means for individuals to learn independent of time or place and to earn competency-based degrees and other credentials.”
WGU has been named a Top Education Employer by Diversity Jobs for the university's consistent outreach and dedication to reaching candidates from all diversity groups, so the most qualified candidates can truly rise to the top.
WGU launched its Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) program with the vision of explicitly committing to equity as part of our mission to create pathways to opportunity and focusing on the recruitment and retention of students and employees from a diverse array of backgrounds. WGU strives every day to be an inspiring, meaningful place to work for a diverse workforce of student-focused professionals. Whatever your role, working for WGU gives you a part to play in helping students graduate, creating a better tomorrow for themselves and their families.
As we continue to work to expand access to higher education for all individuals, diversity, equity, and inclusion are fundamental elements in every program and initiative, whether it’s student-focused or employee-focused. We are committed to promoting inclusion, respect, acceptance, equal opportunity, and diversity in everything we do.
We are committed to:
- Creating pathways to opportunity by actively identifying and eliminating barriers that prevent the full participation of any group.
- Building a university that is inclusive and expands access to post-secondary educational opportunities for students and a diversity of professionals. We care deeply about the worth, contribution, and diversity of each individual.
We believe that creating an accepting, inclusive work environment is dependent on open, respectful conversations, and WGU offers several opportunities for our employees to engage and learn:
- Workplace culture program featuring DE&I-focused, award-winning short films followed by a set of reflections, assessments, and additional cultural literacy materials.
- Monthly “Join the Conversation” online discussion forum with our DE&I leaders focused on issues around race and equity and more intimate, moderated community circles.
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs): voluntary associations of WGU employees with common interests. Open to all employees, current ERGs include: Ebony Owls, Indigienous@WGU, LatinX Owls, Open Minds for Wellness, Owl Parents, Pan-Asian Owls, Pride Owls, Silver Owls, Solo Owls, VERGE Owls, and Women at WGU.
- Ongoing webinars, trainings, and special presentations by our DE&I leaders throughout the university.
Please use the link above to explore open positions. The Apply Now button is for student applications.