The Digital Marketing Specialist will be responsible for managing paid search campaigns and paid online media (including paid social, video, display and retargeting), optimization of those media activities and reporting out on performance. The Digital Marketing Specialist will consult with the Online Marketing Manager to align with digital marketing plan for their assigned audience, as well as implement tactics against those plans to achieve and surpass WGU’s lead generation and market engagement goals.
The Digital Marketing Specialist will have at least 2 years of hands-on digital marketing experience with a track record of achieving excellent results in highly competitive markets by leveraging their advanced digital marketing skillsets.
Favored candidates will posses a strong understanding of all areas considered digital marketing, primarily for lead generation across major search and social platforms.
The chosen candidate will be bright, creative, think through marketing problems thoughtfully, implement solutions methodically, and possess a highly analytical mindset where data is utilized to solve digital marketing problems. This role will be primarily responsible the following activities:
- Paid search management - responsible for creating and managing PPC search campaigns for specific college audiences and degree programs.
- Paid social media management - responsible for creating and managing paid social media campaigns for specific college audiences and degree programs.
- Ad optimization - responsible for requesting, developing and testing ads. The ads include display and text ads, constantly seeking to find a more optimal ad for conversion.
- Conduct bid management analysis and adjustments based on data.
- Maintain budget tracking and invoicing.
- Developing strategies for cost effective growth and improving conversion.
- Assisting in report building, report development, data analysis and reviewing analytics for key opportunities.
- Responsible for placing display ads (where required) and optimizing placements via leveraging actionable data.
- Requesting creative as well as assisting in ideation of creative concepts and messaging along with the Digital Creative Director and Copy Writers.
- Implement and manage retargeting lists and strategies.
- Write effective digital advertisements across search and social media that engage audiences and drive conversion in-line with testing outcomes.
- Strong knowledge and experience in all areas of digital marketing.
- A team player that is able to share both their own knowledge as well as what they learn from experimentation within the team environment.
- A self-starter that can get the job done without constant supervision.
- Must love numbers and analytics, Microsoft Excel and developing reports should be exciting to you.
- Must be able to write and proofread for spelling and grammatical errors.
- Extremely organized when dealing with a large number of ongoing projects.
- Excellent communicator; able to thoughtfully prepare and present reports to other team members, C level and other management.
- A bachelor's degree is required.
- 2+ years digital marketing experience.
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
A diverse faculty is pivotal to the success of Western Governors University’s mission to improve the quality and expand access to post-secondary educational opportunities by providing a means for individuals to learn independent of time or place and to earn competency-based degrees and other credentials that are credible to both academic institutions and employers.
We maintain that achieving diversity requires an enduring commitment to inclusion that must find full expression in our organizational culture, values, norms and behaviors.
Throughout our work, we will support diversity in all of its forms, encompassing age, disability status, economic circumstance, ethnicity, gender, race and religion.
Nondiscrimination and Equal Opportunity Policies
Western Governors University “WGU" does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic or national origin, gender, religion, sex, disability, age, military or veteran status as required by applicable laws and regulations. WGU's commitment to equal opportunity includes nondiscrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity/expression. This policy of nondiscrimination applies (without limitation) to student recruitment, admissions, academic programs and services, student discipline, grading, and student access to WGU sponsored forums.
WGU also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. If you have a disability and need accommodations, please notify us at email@example.com as soon as possible so that necessary arrangements can be made.
Any student or applicant who wishes to discuss possible discrimination is welcome to contact:
WGU Student Services
Responsibility for coordination of compliance efforts and receipt of inquiries concerning Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 has been delegated to:
Anika Webb - Title IX Coordinator
Western Governors University
4001 South 700 East, Suite 700
Salt Lake City, UT 84107-2533
Toll Free: 877-435-7948, ext. 1321
WGU encourages students to use the WGU Grievance and Complaint Procedure to resolve discrimination concerns. However, students also have a right to file discrimination complaints directly with the United States Department of Education's Office of Civil Rights.