Under the supervision of the Director, Programs & Audiences Marketing, the Marketing Coordinator/Assistant is primarily responsible for supporting the needs of the Programs Marketing and Online Marketing teams. This includes undertaking research tasks, coordinating campaigns, processing invoices, and generating reports, with the ultimate goal to facilitate lead generation and conversion for all four colleges.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Sr. Marketing Coordinators/Specialists with the myriad details of their campaign implementation
- Conduct research on prospective media buys and partnerships, as well as gathering information that will help us better understand our college audiences
- Assist Coordinators/Specialists with submitting project work orders and monitoring workflow to ensure deadlines are met
- Run reports on campaign metrics for themes, media buys, digital ads and audience tactics using Adobe, Cognos and Salesforce
- Manage a library of completed campaigns for quick retrieval
- Prepare presentations in Powerpoint
- Monitor campaign email inboxes, providing timely and pleasant customer service response
- Process invoices in Concur and track budgets in Excel
- Assist with other tasks, as needed
- Must be proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Excel, with proven ability to quickly learn new software skills
- Strong attention to detail with excellent customer service skills
- Excellent writing, editing, and grammar skills
- Basic knowledge of reporting for marketing as well as Cognos, Adobe Analytics, and/or Salesforce preferred
Required Education and Experience
- 1 year of marketing experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
A diverse faculty is pivotal to the success of Western Governors University’s mission to improve the quality and expand access to post-secondary educational opportunities by providing a means for individuals to learn independent of time or place and to earn competency-based degrees and other credentials that are credible to both academic institutions and employers.
We maintain that achieving diversity requires an enduring commitment to inclusion that must find full expression in our organizational culture, values, norms and behaviors.
Throughout our work, we will support diversity in all of its forms, encompassing age, disability status, economic circumstance, ethnicity, gender, race and religion.
Nondiscrimination and Equal Opportunity Policies
Western Governors University “WGU" does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic or national origin, gender, religion, sex, disability, age, military or veteran status as required by applicable laws and regulations. WGU's commitment to equal opportunity includes nondiscrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity/expression. This policy of nondiscrimination applies (without limitation) to student recruitment, admissions, academic programs and services, student discipline, grading, and student access to WGU sponsored forums.
WGU also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. If you have a disability and need accommodations, please notify us at email@example.com as soon as possible so that necessary arrangements can be made.
Any student or applicant who wishes to discuss possible discrimination is welcome to contact:
WGU Student Services
Responsibility for coordination of compliance efforts and receipt of inquiries concerning Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 has been delegated to:
Anika Webb - Title IX Coordinator
Western Governors University
4001 South 700 East, Suite 700
Salt Lake City, UT 84107-2533
Toll Free: 877-435-7948, ext. 1321
WGU encourages students to use the WGU Grievance and Complaint Procedure to resolve discrimination concerns. However, students also have a right to file discrimination complaints directly with the United States Department of Education's Office of Civil Rights.