Data Analyst (Education)Apply Now
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, US
Job Category: Staff-Academic/Corporate Administration
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
While under the guidance of leadership, the analyst inputs, processes, extracts, and analyzes a variety of data related to WGU’s degree programs. This individual interfaces with multiple teams across the Academic Programs department and other stakeholders in matters related to design, implementing and improving security, compliance to standards, analysis and interpretation of program development data overall, including reliability and validity studies for Academic Programs.
As part of the psychometric team, the analyst will work closely with WGU psychometricians in performing a wide range of tasks including designing and conducting educational research, analyzing data, writing research reports, creating data dashboards, and analyzing internal data to create customized visualizations for WGU stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have mastery knowledge of education research theories, principles, and practices combined with the analytical ability to interpret and synthesize available research information including quantitative and qualitative data to effectively present meaningful and pertinent facts and results.
- Analyzes and interprets various types of data using a variety of statistical methods
- Reports results of statistical analyses in the form of graphs, charts, and tables
- Assists psychometricians in the gathering and analysis of data
- Uses agile software development practices to collaborate and coordinate with stakeholders
- Strong written, oral, presentation, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to explain the significance of data and trends to stakeholders
- Ability to manage tasks independently while working in a team environment
- Familiarity using a stats package like SAS or R to run analyses
- Ability to use a visual reporting tool such as Tableau, Domo, or Cognos
- Master’s degree (with a strong preference for MStat) in statistics, educational psychology, educational research and evaluation, or a related field.
- Three or more years of experience in data analysis and visualization