Evaluator, Graduate Nursing EducationApply Now
Location: WORK FROM HOME, US
Job Category: Faculty-Health Professions College-Evaluator
Position Type: Part-Time
**Terminal Degree Required**
The Evaluator is a member of WGU’s faculty. Evaluators are subject matter experts tasked with reviewing student assessment submissions in a fair and unbiased manner to determine if competency has been demonstrated in a specific course. Evaluators are self-managed, taking initiative and acting independently in completing performance assessment evaluations. As established professionals within their fields, Evaluators bring years of hands-on experience to the position.
The Evaluators work is critical to each student’s experience and success at WGU.
This is a part-time work from home position with the following flexible schedule:
- 20-28 hours per week.
- At least 5 days worked each week, includes some weekend work.
- Minimum 2 hour long working sessions.
Our Evaluators are eligible for our part-time benefits package which includes items such as:
- Performance plus Bonus
- 403(b) retirement savings plan
- Generous tuition discount for employee and family.
- Apply subject matter expertise and experience utilizing a rubric.
- Craft personalized robust feedback to support accurate scoring of student responses and in the support of student progress.
- Must achieve departmental goals for turnaround time of 72 hours or less.
- Create and implement methods to improve student success and evaluation processes.
- Partners with other faculty and departments to provide closed loop feedback on programs and assessments regarding trends within student submissions.
- Subject matter expertise and appropriate advanced degree(s)/credential(s) relevant to evaluation content area
- Work experience relevant to evaluation content area, strongly preferred
- Strong understanding, acceptance and adherence to the tenets of competency-based education and the split faculty model
- Advanced strength in written and oral communication
- Demonstrated ability to discern evidence of competency within student submissions, including unexpected forms of response
- Demonstrated ability to use technology, adapt quickly to new processes and manage complex cognitive loads
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues to ensure validity and reliability of evaluation across multiple raters, including deferring to the guidance of the team, course lead or supervisor/manager.
- Demonstrated ability to properly identify and refer student submissions for escalated care including but not limited to professional communication (i.e., articulation), originality, excellence awards, support in opening student submissions, content assistance, technology support.
- Terminal Degree, Certified Nurse Educator (CNE)
3-5 years nursing education experience of baccalaureate-prepared nurses