Salesforce ArchitectApply Now
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, US
Job Category: Staff-Information Technology
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
The Salesforce Architect is principally responsible for leading our Salesforce architecture to be effective and scalable. He or she reviews, evaluates, tests and leads adoption of new technology throughout the organization. He or she facilitates major and innovative change that is critical to the success of WGU and impact the student and staff experience. Frequently interacts with Salesforce experts within Salesforce to gain an understanding of releases and influences the strategic direction of both Educational Technology and Business Strategy. Writes and maintains complete documentation. Supports team members and ensures established goals and deadlines are met. Keeps management informed of status and significant problems.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Operates in a diverse and highly complex environment
- Analysis of situation and data requires an in-depth knowledge of the organization and an evaluation of a variety of cross- functional factors
- Participates in development of methods, techniques and evaluation for projects, programs and people
- Develop web applications using Salesforce.com products that interact with external web services
- Manage multiple tasks and responsibilities in high-pressure environments; excelling at pinpointing and resolving problems in early project stages to avoid cost/time expenses
- Deliver high quality projects on time, through ability to design architecture, write high quality code, and execute effective unit tests
- Evaluate new tools and technologies, create prototypes and proofs of concept, and develop adoption plans for chosen paths
- Drive continuous improvement to the team's productivity and code quality
- Use technology to provide creative solutions that solve customer problems
- Learn new technologies, technology trends and directions, and best practices.
- Evaluate potential technologies for use within the enterprise.
- Drive new platform technology research and adoption
- Lead Architecture Review Board coordinating architecture decisions between teams
- Optimize performance tuning for high utilization 24x7 access
- Integrate third party products with existing infrastructure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work equally well in self-managed and team-based Agile projects.
- Work with internal customers to gather business processes and project requirements
- Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Consults with devops engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- Performs miscellaneous projects as assigned.
- Updates technical skills as required.
- Experience with Web Services development: REST/SOAP/SOA/XML/HTML
- Experience with event driven architectures
- Experience with Heroku for data hosting and development
- Experience interfacing with AWS
- Continuous Delivery practices with Salesforce
- Project designs and plans are creative, employ useful technologies, meet deadlines, and fulfill goals and requirements.
- Project estimates are well-researched and accurate.
- Project testing procedures are effective and timely. Results are well-analyzed and problems are corrected.
- Required reports and documentation are complete and current.
- Good communication and working relationships exist with clients and co-workers. Concerns are promptly addressed and any problems effectively resolved.
- Management is appropriately informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Company policies and procedures are closely followed.
- Good understanding of issue troubleshooting and performance tuning
Any technical experience with the following:
- Rabbit MQ
- Salesforce DX for deployments
- External Objects and Odata services
- Agile/Scrum project development
- Ellucian Banner
- Technical Certification
- Oracle or other database interface
- Bachelors degree in computer sciences, information technology, or related field
- Certified Salesforce Architect
- Minimum 6 years of experience and a proven track record in developing leading enterprise Salesforce applications, including experience interfacing with Oracle databases, and integrating third party products with existing infrastructure