Senior Software EngineerApply Now
Location: salt lake city, Utah, US
Job Category: Staff-Information Technology
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Responsible for the research, design, development, analysis, testing, and implementation of software operating or application systems. Communicates project information to client, project manager, or other design personnel working on projects. Maintains good working relationships with clients and staff. Writes and maintains complete documentation. Supports team members and ensures established goals and deadlines are met. Keeps management informed of status and significant problems.
- Develop web applications and web services using Java, SOAP, REST, XML, HTTP, and other web technologies.
- Manage multiple tasks and responsibilities in high-pressure environments; excelling at pinpointing and resolving problems in early project stages to avoid cost/time expenses
- Deliver high quality projects on time, through ability to design architecture, write high quality code, and execute effective unit tests
- Optimize performance tuning for high utilization 24x7 access
- Integrate third party products with existing infrastructure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work equally well in self-managed and team-based Agile projects.
- Work with internal customers to gather business processes and project requirements
- Researches, designs, and develops computer software systems, in conjunction with hardware product developmentapplying principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis.
- Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Consults with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- Formulates and designs software system, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Develops and directs software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Ensures work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Performs miscellaneous projects as assigned.
- Updates technical skills as required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Minimum of 6 years' experience and a proven track record in developing web-based applications and web services using Java, SOAP, REST, XML, and other web technologies, including experience interfacing with Oracle databases, and integrating third party products with existing infrastructure