Service Desk Technician lApply Now
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, US
Job Category: Staff-Information Technology
Position Type: Temp-To-Hire
The IT Help Desk Technician is responsible for direct support of users contacting the WGU IT Help Desk for assistance with either service requests or incidents as defined in accordance with the help desk procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive calls, emails and web-tickets for end users and other WGU Staff / help desks, and create Incident tickets or Service Request tickets, logging all pertinent information,
- Provides initial assessment of categorization and prioritization for reported Incidents and Service Requests and provides initial support, targeting a higher level of first contact resolution
- Ensures Incidents and Service Requests are properly escalated and assigned to appropriate IT support groups
- Perform hierarchical escalation to help desk Management and the IT Leadership Group
- Maintains ownership of Incidents, ensuring timely entry, updating, and closure of all tickets and issues.
- Strong analytical skills balanced with effective communication and excellent customer service skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, analyze problems, and make decisions with minimal management intervention.
- Proactively involve key technology infrastructure teams when necessary.
- Ability to anticipate potential obstacles and develop contingency plans to overcome them.
- Awareness of new and existing technologies, architectures, and best practice.
- Ability to manage multiple issues simultaneously in high-pressure environment where change is commonplace.
- Individual must be able to handle multiple interrupts and be able to multi-task effectively.
- Ability to diligently follow standards and best practices for many different technology areas.
- Appropriate Technical Support experience and knowledge required for Level 1-2 Agents.
- Windows and Macintosh platforms.
- Multiple Internet Browsers.
- Support for remote and local staff and students.
- Some technical background across infrastructure technologies, e.g. network, voice, unix.
- The individual must have 2+ years of Industry experience.
- High School Diploma.
- CompTIA A+ Certification.
- ITIL Foundations desired, but not essential.